What are cookies?
Cookies are data files that can hold small amounts of info and are stored on your device (computer, smartphone etc) when you first visit a website.
How do we use them?
- essential operations, like site navigation
- allowing you to add items to your shopping bag or to your Saved Items
- analysing visitor numbers and behaviours, such as what pages are frequently visited
- assessing the success of our advertising campaigns, offers and communications
- targeting suitable advertising messages
- understanding which Affiliates have helped us reach out to new customers, or have promoted our products on their websites
What types of cookies do we use?
There are four main types.
- Site functionality cookies – these allow you to navigate the site and use our features, such as “Add to Bag”.
- Site analytics cookies – these cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the site, to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience.
- Customer preference cookies – when you’re browsing or shopping on Eslots, these cookies will remember your preferences (like your language or location), so we can make your shopping experience as seamless as possible, and more personal to you.
- Targeting or advertising cookies – these are used to deliver ads relevant to you. They also limit the number of times that you see an ad and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
How to manage cookies
Most modern web browsers allow you to manage security settings. The user can restrict saving and using cookie files and add specific websites to exceptions.
Settings for each web browser are described in its documentation. Use the following links to find settings for the most popular web browsers.
Google Chrome https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en-GB
Internet Explorer https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/260971
Mozilla Firefox https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer
Safari (Desktop) https://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042?locale=en_US
Safari (Mobile) https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265
Android Browser http://support.google.com/ics/nexus/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2425067
Opera Mobile http://www.opera.com/help/mobile/android#privacy
You can restrict using cookies from third parties such as Google Analytics on the Google website. Furthermore, you can restrict the usage of pixels or web beacons in social networks in security settings of these social networks.
But don’t forget, if you modify your settings to block all cookies, you may not be able to access parts of our site or our service.